Saturday 13 June 2015

I WANT TO KILL MY WIFE – SOLDIER.

AS a Daily Sun reporter, I often have to take unusual calls from readers. But yesterday’s call made my heart beat with terror.

A desperate soldier named Alfred Mazibuko was on the phone.
He said: “My wife is cheating on me. And I’m on my way to shoot her!”
Thinking on my feet, I told him to calm down and that I’d call him back.
My news editor agreed I should go out and meet him.
I asked a photographer to go with me and we raced through downtown Jozi to meet him.
The 45-year-old in his smart soldier’s uniform was sitting in his car, parked outside the building where his wife works.
I looked, but didn’t see a firearm.
I had expected to meet someone beside himself with rage.
But to my surprise, Alfred was the picture of peace and calm!
He happily agreed to sit in the SunTeam’s car and tell us his story.
“I’ve been married to Paulina for 19 years. For 13 years she’s been cheating on me and it’s breaking me apart.
“Recently she’s been calling me while she’s having sex with her nyatsi!
“She sends me messages with all the details of the sex she’s having,” said Alfred.
Apparently the unhappy couple is about to get a divorce.
Before he called the People’s Paper, Alfred had sent an SMS to his cheating wife telling her: “Today is D-Day.”
And that must have been why the cops were ready for him.
Because while he was telling us his sad story, a whole lot of them suddenly surrounded our car, guns drawn!
Shouting at us to get out of the car, the cops grabbed Alfred, searched him, put him in the back of a cop van and took him to Joburg Central cop shop.
Through it all, Alfred was strangely calm and composed.
Amazed, the photographer and I drove back to the office to file the story.
Lieutenant Katlego Mogale told me Alfred’s wife Paulina arrived at the cop shop an hour later and didn’t press charges against him.
Alfred has been warned to obey the terms of a protection order.
Paulina didn’t respond to requests for comment.

No comments: