Monday 8 June 2015

‘HE KILLED HIMSELF BECAUSE OF A CRUEL TEACHER’

 
HANSIE Marena (16) wasn’t as bright as the other kids, but instead of helping him it is alleged his maths teacher bullied and even assaulted him.
Last week it became too much for Hansie to bear, so he skipped school on Monday and Tuesday. 
And on Wednesday, after telling his siblings he couldn’t face the teacher anymore, Hansie drank poison and died!
His heartbroken mum, Miriam Marena (52), said her son was a slow learner.
But with her help, he had improved greatly after repeating grade 6 three times at Villa Liza Primary School in Dawn Park near Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni.
“I helped him with his homework because I knew he had a problem.
“He never told me about his abusive maths teacher. Foam was coming out of his mouth when I found him. I tried to save his life but he died in my lap,” she said.
Dawn Park police Captain Mega Ndobe said Hansie’s death is being investigated.
Gauteng education spokeswoman Phumla Sekhonyane said: “We have sent a team to the school to investigate the matter. We view the allegations in a serious light and we will look into it.”

No comments: