Sunday 14 June 2015

ANCESTORS BURNT MY SKIN – PAPISO.

SHE was troubled by the ancestors’ calling for five years. But Papiso Thapelo (26) from Clocolan in the Free State did not pay attention as she was a born-again Christian.

She ignored the calling until her skin started to peel off.
Two years back she finally decided to end her dilemma and went to thwasa.
Since she arrived at the gobela’s house, she does not have a skin problem anymore.
But now she’s stuck there and can’t complete her training as she does not have money to buy a goat and a cow for her ceremony. Papiso said she is unemployed and has no one to turn to because her parents are dead. “My ancestors told me that if I don’t thwasa I am going to die. They said there were the ones burning my skin, so I had no choice but to fulfil their wish,” said Papiso.
“I was shown a cow and a goat in my dreams and my gobela says it’s what I have to buy to complete my training. My misery started years ago after having dreams of a woman I was directed to go to. I had to walk 40km to get to my gobela’s house.
“Now I am stuck and cannot practise as a sangoma before I make my ancestors happy by slaughtering a goat and a cow. I need help before I die.”
Gobela Mamatsha Mabeta said: “I have been helping Papiso ever since she arrived at my house and told me her ancestors directed her to me . I did not charge her anything because she said she does not have any money and has no one.
“I fed her and took care of her for all these years but now she has to buy these animals on her own. She has to please her ancestors and mine by slaughtering a cow.”
Sangoma Ishmael Ntholeng said ancestors had a way of punishing those who do not fulfil their wishes and instructions.
“Everything in Papiso’s life will be blocked until she does what is needed,” said Ishmael.

No comments: